Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Did the telemarketers at "Orlando Welcome Center" Call you?

You aren't alone.

My name is Ryan and I live in Los Angeles.  Today I got a call on my cellphone from a local number.  A lady's voice fumbled with her headset and then started talking about fantastic vacation packages for Orlando, Florida.  It was actually a well-disguised robocall.  After answering a few questions from the robot lady about how much money I make and whether I have a credit card, I was transferred to an actual human.

The human introduced himself as "Steve" from the "Orlando Welcome Center."  I asked for his last name and phone number, which he gave me.  I asked for his address, and the response was "I don't have an address."  (Is that even possible?)  He then abruptly hung up.  I tried calling him back at the number he provided, but no answer.  It seems like the Orlando Welcome Center does not like phone calls.

This isn't the first time Orlando Welcome Center has called my cellphone.  On February 12, after getting past the fake robot lady, I told the human - who gave his name as Mark - to put me on their do-not-call list.  The human said he would.  Mark's supervisor was Aaron.  Who knows how many others work in the Orlando Welcome Center.

Did I mention that my cellphone number has also been registered on the do-not-call list for many many years? Did I mention that they have also harassed my wife, who is also registered?

The big hotels and resorts in Orlando are behind this. 

Apparently, the Orlando Welcome Center and other big hotels and resorts are making so much money harassing all of America that they just don't care about the law.  Let's put an end to this now!

Did you get a call from the Orlando Welcome Center?  Email me at abusivecalls@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment